Saturday, February 9, 2013

Domino's New Home

I have a new friend, and he is not a pittie. He is a rescue from South Carolina. This is the first time I saw Domino, and I wanted to help him, he had been labeled a bulldog mix, but we couldn't see it.
His trip started with a rough life, and then Carol Delle Donne Wallaeur took him home, after he had so many missed chances...
 
She had taken him in and fostered him, and she loved him. It was evident when you talked with her, and we talked about him alot. He was nervous, scared, and needed a safe home. I love my pitties, and I told her about them, how they lay on the bed and snore. But Dominos face touched deep in my heart, and I said, "I want him". Now we only had to get him from SC to OR.
We started searching out transportation options, and I learned about Paws and Pilots.  And we met Captain Keith Baker.  He not only had helped 60+ other babies get to their new homes, he was willing to help Domino get on his way to Oregon. Carol helped him get to the airport
He was nervous, and hiding in the back of his new crate. Not sure what was happening, little did he know he was on his way to a new life.

Captain Keiths Airplane!
Captain Keith stepped up and volunteered his time and his plane to help get Domino on the way to Oregon. He met Carol at the airport, and Domino got his first airplane ride.
 Captain Keith was wonderful. He took Domino to Charlotte, Nc and helped Domino get onto a great big United plane, and he told us how we could watch Dominos planes fly him to his forever home. I watched online as his plane traveled over the states, and he flew into Portland, Or.  He was still very skinny and his ribs showed. He watched all the cars drive by, and jumped at every noise.


We were so happy when he got here. We hugged him and helped him get settled into the house. Domino was very nervous, and wanted to hide in the bedroom, laying on the bed. He ran away from people, and he jumped at every loud noise. But every day we played and petted, and Domino made friends.
So today Domino is a member of the family. He sleeps on the bed, he snores, and he went for a ride in the car all by himself. Its a slow process, but Domino is learning to be a puppy again. And we are blessed to have a new family member.
 It is so funny to watch the changes in him.
 

 

7 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, you made me cry, as this was a very emotional foster for me. So happy I could be a part of saving him and so happy you opened your heart and home to love him. Thank you so much for giving him a wonderful loving forever life. Carol Delle Donne Wallauer

    ReplyDelete
  2. yey...for Domino and all involved. Its so easy to just say no...but it takes a special person (people) to say ..I think we can do that!!! Aunty MO :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE this - it is impossible to watch without a hankie nearby ;) Especially for those of us who know how worried Carol was about this poor fellow. I am just thrilled that he will now have the life he deserves with LOTS and LOTS of love <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless all that are there to help all the animals...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless you all for all the great things you do...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for a wonderful story, and one I will share.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to your new home here in Portland Domino! What a great story for this sweet pup!

    ReplyDelete